If you suffer from chronic migraines, you know how debilitating they can be. While some people may categorize migraines as headaches or compare the two, you and I both know that migraines are a completely different hurdle than a headache. Unlike headaches, migraines have a neurological component, where the root of the problem is at the nerves.
Migraines can leave you bed-ridden with a cloth over your eyes in a dark room for hours. Migraines can give you such throbbing pain that you feel like your head is literally pulsating. Migraines can prevent you from waking up in the morning, getting through your work day, and even eating or drinking. Migraines are no minor issue and if you suffer from them then I know that you would do almost anything to avoid the pain, or to prevent it completely. Most sufferers are desperate for a safe, gentle, and effective migraine treatment.
If you are ready to get to the root of your migraines and solve them once and for all, you have found the right place. At Performance Chiropractic, we can help lead you to a better life, where your day does not have to revolve around your migraines. Here are some tips to consider to prevent the migraines from coming on in the first place, and some information to get you closer to solving your migraine issue with our safe, gentle, and effective migraine treatment.
Drink plenty of water and be sure to replenish your body with electrolyte supplements like Liquid IV if you are sweating a lot.
- Caffeine can increase your heart rate, and since migraines are highly connected to your blood flow and blood pressure, it’s best to avoid this trigger.
- There’s no specific alcoholic drink to avoid, or a limit you should set for yourself, but avoiding alcohol in general tends to result in less migraines.
Eat healthy foods
- When your body is being properly nourished and energized with good fuel, it will function better in all aspects.
Manage your stress
- Stress wreaks havoc on your body in every way. When you are constantly stressed, your body is constantly in overdrive. It needs to relax to heal.
Get enough sleep
- Your body recovers and recharges when you are asleep. If you aren’t sleeping enough, your body will constantly be running on a low battery and be more vulnerable to migraines.
Did you know that migraines often have to do with the blood flow going to and from your brain? If there is a change or imbalance in the blood flow for any reason, this can compromise the function of your brain. When your brain function gets compromised, it can lead to symptoms that include:
- -visual or auditory sensitivity
- -nausea or vomiting
Because migraines have a neurological component, that means a neurological approach would be the most appropriate and effective treatment for migraines. Upper cervical chiropractic is a safe and gentle way of influencing the nervous system to function better. When upper cervical chiropractic is utilized, the connection between the brain and the body is improved. When we get to the root of the problem and correct the misalignment, all the other symptoms are expected to decrease over time.
If you are ready to get back to living your life and stop thinking about your migraines, you are in the right place. Our chiropractors, Dr. Katie Gross and Dr. Nor Jobarah, are highly specialized in a gentle treatment that has helped thousands if not millions of people heal from chronic migraines. Dr. Katie and Dr. Nor have studied the cause of these migraines and are confident in getting you migraine relief. Upper cervical chiropractic may be the answer you have been looking for all along. We offer complimentary consultations to see if you are a good fit for our migraine treatment. Call us today 303-425-4444.